ORCA-MACTAC HT FILM PROTECTION SYSTEM IS AN ALTERNATIVE DRY GREEN PRODUCT vs EVAPORATING PAINT COATINGS
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: ORCA Mactac HT Film is a marine and offshore protection solution. It is a polymeric stabilized calendered soft vinyl film and coated with a durable, high tack acrylic-based pressure-sensitive adhesive. It adheres to aluminum, fiberglass and steel. The 125-micron thick film is impervious to water, air and chlorides.
It is installed directly on “raw” aluminum and fiberglass surfaces. On “raw” steel a 50-micron shop primer is necessary. Installation on existing paint coatings is possible after proper preparation. It is cost effective to install without stoppage and minimum interference of other work being performed simultaneously.
The adhesive on the film hardens immediately. It is easy to repair damaged areas by simple patching with no waiting time to dry as with paint. Because it is a high gloss product it is easy to clean and maintain resulting in lower maintenance costs over time. It is a totally environmentally friendly GREEN PRODUCT.
CERTIFICATION: ORCA Mactac HT Film is certified by Det Norske Veritas / Germanisher Lloyd (DNV-GL DOWNLOAD) for the use as a corrosion protection system in a marine and offshore environment. DNV-GL provides the same services as American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).
TECHNICAL DATA for HT Film:
- ORCA Mactac HT Film - White Color
- ORCA Mactac HT Film - Colored
- ORCA Mactac HT Film – White Film laminated with CAST Colored Film
- ORCA Mactac HT Film - Plotted
- ORCA Mactac HT Film - White Film laminated with CAST Plotted Film
ORCA Mactac CAST Film
for colored lamination of the HT Film
This product is polymeric stabilized cast vinyl films coated with a durable permanent adhesive giving excellent dimensional stability. Macal 9800 CAST is designed for computer cutting and fast weeding, even for small letters and fine lines. The adhesive is clear solvent based permanent acrylic adhesive.
TECHNICAL DATA for CAST FILM:
- Gloss colors: CAST 105 colors incl. most RAL colors
- Matt colors: CAST 12 colors
VINYL FILM is environmentally friendly and easy to maintain:
- No VOC
- No CO2
- UV resistant
- Nonflammable – self extinguishing
- Dry product. No drying time.
- No need for expensive scaffolding – cherry pickers, sky climbers and man reach equipment will do it
- No need for masks or other expensive protection outfit for installers
- No environmental issues when installing the film in ports or offshore
- Damaged areas are easy to repair by patching